January 1st 2018

Welcome to my blog. Basically a place where I will be posting about my outdoor pursuits in 2018. Hopefully creating this will encourage me to get out and about more often this year, be that walking, hiking, scrambling, cycling, or mountain biking.

My main aim is to lose some weight and get fitter, whilst not being confined to a gym or swimming pool. I enjoy the great outdoors, and I will definitely enjoy getting out into the countryside.

I hope you enjoy what Im trying to create and accomplish, and below is some of the things I got up to  in 2017.


Snowdon

The day I realised I am nowhere near as fit as I used to be, the first day of my life I felt age creeping up on me.







Taking the Rangers Track, getting lost, and having a close encounter with a heard of cows, the day wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been. Already planning a return visit in 2018.

Bleaklow Hill

A return visit on a Saturday morning. One of my favourite places. Stunning views, marred by the tragedy of the crashed B17 Superfortress "Over exposed".









As Bleaklow Hill is part of the Trans-Pennine Trail, I will be passing this place lot in the next 12 months.


Ghyll Scrambling

As part of a short family break in the Lake District, we did some outdoor activities, Absailing and Ghyll Scrambling.
Despite some pre-absailing fears, it was a really enjoyable day.




I really want to go back and try some other Ghylls. It was brilliant and a highlight of 2017.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skiddaw 7-7-19

Catrigg Force, Stainforth Force, Scaleber Force, Jubilee and Victoria Caves, and the Hoffmann Kiln at Langcliffe 14/01/18

Pistyll Rhaeadr Waterfall, Moel Sych and Cadair Berwyn. 23-02-2018